The Rays broke their five-game losing streak on Sunday by absolutely lighting up the White Sox to the tune of [checks note] three hits... But hey, a win is a win, right? Especially when you’ve lost five in a row to drop out of the playoff spot that looked like a lock about a month ago...
But yeah, I’m not nervous/annoyed/worried/skeptical at all!
The Rays start a three-game set with Boston on Monday, with probables as follows:
Monday, 7:10 ET: Eduardo Rodriguez (11-4, 1.6 fWAR, 4.34/4.23/4.21 ERA/FIP/xFIP) vs.
Jalen Beeks (5-0, 0.8, 2.78/3.60/4.65)
Tuesday, 7:10 ET: Chris Sale (4-9, 3.1, 4.05/3.23/2.97) vs.
Yonny Chirinos (8-5, 1.5, 3.29/4.19/4.05)
Wednesday, 12:10 ET: David Price (7-3, 2.4, 3.61/3.25/3.68) vs.
Charlie Morton (11-3, 3.6, 2.61/2.96/3.28)
Lefties on lefties.
- Times takeaways for both Saturday and Sunday.
- 2019 Trade Value: #11 to #20: In case you weren’t tracking this series on FanGraphs, they came out with their 2019 Trade Value Rankings—Rays at #20 and #23, along with three in the honorable mentions.
- Boston Red Sox vs. Tampa Bay Rays : NESN, ESPN TV schedule, live stream, five things to watch: Preview for this series from Mass Live.
- Rays pitcher Oliver Drake broke the laws of physics with an absolutely unhittable pitch: This pitch got A LOT of love over the weekend. With good reason.
- This Week in Rays Baseball:
- Latest on Rays’ Infield: MLB Trade Rumors latest on the moving parts in the Rays’ infield situation.
- Analyzing the true fantasy values of the Tampa Bay Rays pitching staff: I usually don’t link to fantasy articles, but Fred Zinkie is one of the best in the biz, and it’s super Rays specific, of course.
- Ex-Rays prospect pivots to Supreme Court clerk: Well, that’s a cool story!
- Sunday Notes: Nothing super-duper Rays-related, but cool to see David Price doing good in the community still.