Last night, the Rays started their second west coast series of the current road trip. Coming off a sweep of the Seattle Mariners, they traveled south to San Diego to open a three game set against the young and exciting Pardes.
Avisail Garcia went deep, Austin Pruitt pitched well, Matt Duffy recorded four hits, and Kevin Kiermaier did THIS:
Eight-run game and Kevin Kiermaier is still ballin' in SD.— Josh Tolentino (@JCTSports) August 13, 2019
What a grab. pic.twitter.com/rf2no3NgkO
It was a convincing 10-4 victory for the Rays in a game that ended around 2 AM Eastern Time. Rookie Brendan McKay starts tonight for the Rays, and it will be interesting to see where he hits in the lineup. For the Padres, Eric Lauer gets the ball.
- TWIRB: Eric Sogard, Marc Topkin, and more
- Kevin Cash’s Cold Call: Tony Wolfe, FanGraphs
- Juan Toribio walks us through the Rays 2020 schedule
- The Rays won a game, but did Kevin Cash risk something more valuable?: John Romano, Tampa Bay Times
- Alvarado set to rejoin Rays, Tommy Pham still hurting: Marc Topkin, Tampa Bay Times
- Special Touch: Tom Bernier’s visiting lineup cards often result in a double take: Josh Tolentino, The Athletic
For the first time since 2013, Rays are 20 games over .500.— Dave Haller (@HallerDave) August 13, 2019
70-50 is their 3rd best record in club history thru 120 games, behind 2010 and 2008 when they won AL East.
Rays have won 8 straight on the road, improve to 4-0 all time at Petco Park.