- Nick Anderson is Breaking Baseball - Ben Clemens, Fan Graphs: Some much earned love from Clemens, who has been all in on Nick Anderson from very early on. Anderson has been really good, since joining the Rays he’s been impossible. As Clemens breaks down in this piece, Rays fans are witnessing the birth of a truly elite reliever.
- Rays by the numbers: Do they add up to a postseason appearance? - Marc Topkin, Tampa Bay Times
- 5 things to watch from AL East down the stretch - Jesse Sanchez, MLB.com: Will the Rays surpass their franchise record for wins in a season? Jesse Sanchez thinks there’s a chance (and a 27-14 record down the stretch would do it).
- Rays’ best prospect performers of the week - MLB.com
- Another two-way player for the Rays? SS Jermaine Palacios hit 95-96 MPH on his fastball in his scoreless inning debuting on the mound.
- How can you not be romantic about baseball?
Around the League
- Welcome to the World of Competitive Wiffle Ball - Zach Kram, The Ringer: I am a sucker for quirky human interest stories, especially involving baseball or baseball adjacent sports, and this one hit all the right buttons. Fun read!
- The Tigers Might Be Historically Bad - Jay Jaffe, Fan Graphs: Might be?!
- 40-40 for Acuna? Here’s why he can do it - David Adler, MLB.com
- Is Bryce a bust? Not if you take Harper’s word for it - Sam Miller, ESPN: The expectations are high for Harper to reach, but night’s like last night showcase exactly the type of player that Harper can be and the moments he can rise to meet.
- Bryce Harper just ended a game by sending a baseball through the sound barrier:
- When you know it’s gone, you know it’s gone: