Right-hander Charlie Morton is set to take the mound in Houston as an opponent for the first time since he signed a 2 year, $30 million deal with the Rays. The Astros, of course, is the team who helped Morton resurrect his career. He will take on fellow veteran and Cy Young award contender Justin Verlander.
Coming off a series split against the Orioles in Baltimore, the Rays face no small challenge this week, as the three games in Houston are immediately followed by three games against Cleveland at home. With the Tribe a half game in front of the Rays, it’ll prove to be one of the more impactful series of the season.
- Baseball and Tampa Bay communities remember Vince Naimoli: Josh Tolentino, The Athletic
- Vince Naimoli, first owner of Rays, dies at 81: Zachary Silver, MLB dot com
- Naimoli never got the credit he deserves for bringing Major League Baseball to Tampa Bay: John Romano, Tampa Bay Times
- TWIRB: Jesus Aguilar and Todd Kalas stop by
- Rays MLB dot com beat writer Juan Toribio answered questions on the team’s day off
- Cy Young Poll: Richard Justice breaks down both Cy Young races
- Morton emotional about return to Houston: Zachary Silver, MLB dot com
- The Stretch Run Injury Returns That Could Swing the MLB Playoff Race: Zach Kram, The Ringer