The Tampa Bay Rays were shelled by the Houston Astros last night, 15-1. With the loss, and an Oakland victory, the Rays are now a game back of the Athletics for the second Wild Card spot. The Rays lone offensive contribution came from the bat of Joey Wendle, as he launched his first home run of his injury plagued season.
The Rays will look to bounce back tonight with Ryan Yarbrough taking the mound against Gerrit Cole.
News and Links
- There has been a GoFundMe page set up for Blake Bivens, the Rays minor league pitcher who suffered an awful tragedy on Tuesday morning when his wife, 1 year old child, and mother-in-law were murdered
- The Future Star Who Got Away From Each MLB Team - Zach Kram, The Ringer
- 11 unheralded additions paying off this season - Richard Justice, MLB.com
- Glasnow throws BP, set to begin rehab Friday - Juan Toribio, Rays Baseball
- Undrafted from Oakland University, Rays’ Mike Brosseau carves unlikely path to majors - Mike Schoch, The Detroit News
- Austin Meadows: Off the Hook - Joey Johnston, Inside Pitch/Ray Tank
- Rays Brendan McKay sidelined in minors with shoulder fatigue, but expected back soon - Marc Topkin, Tampa Bay Times