The Rays now sit a game and a half below the apparently-never-going-to-lose-again A’s and a game and a half up on the definitely-questionable-but-man-the-AL-Central-is-soft Cleveland Professional Baseball Team.
It’s not a bad spot to be in by any stretch of the imagination, and it’s going to make for a hectic and ulcer-inducing final few weeks of the season.
News and Links
- One wild card team is facing historic heartbreak this month. Will it be the Rays? — TB Times
- ‘We love to prove people wrong’: The Rays blaze another unique path toward October — Yahoo Sports.
- Tale of Two Bay Area’s: A’s, Rays could be headed for a showdown — SF Examiner
- Rays Tales: Best ever trade acquisition? That’s a good question — TB Times
- Bullpens that scare contenders the most — MLB.com
- Rays pitching staff eyes MLB record as team fights for postseason berth — The Athletic
- Marc Topkin’s takeaways from Rays’ 6-4 Sunday loss to Angels — TB Times
- MLB Tiers: The A’s and Rays are hot, the Brewers are doing it again — The Athletic