The Tampa Bay Rays played a thriller with the Los Angeles Dodgers that required extra innings and played into the early hours this morning but they managed to hold and come away with a 8-7 victory.
Tommy Pham became the 10th Rays in franchise history to record five hits in a game and Austin Meadows blasted his 32nd home run of the season to continue his stellar campaign and blistering month of September. The pitching had its struggles, but had just enough to end the game with Peter Fairbanks forcing the lid shut on the Dodgers offense.
The Rays will have an off day Thursday before returning to Tropicana Field for a four game set with the Boston Red Sox as they’ll begin their final homestand of the regular season.
News and Links
- Rays Arizona Fall League updates - MLB.com
- Playing in Mexico just weeks ago, 29-year-old Rays rookie Johnny Davis endures rags-to-riches path to MLB - Bob Nightengale, USA Today
- Tampa Bay Rays Selects Baron Threat Net to Promote Stadium Safety
- The Yankees spent three hours waiting to party, and then the Rays went and ruined everything - Kristie Ackert, New York Daily News
- The plucky Rays are stocked with players who had unusual journeys. Hello, Nick Anderson - Ken Rosenthal, The Athletic