No, like, seriously. Take a deep breath. Stand up and stretch. Do some more breathing exercises. The Rays are going to a 90+ win team. Before the season, the vast majority of you said that would make the season a success even if they didn’t make the playoffs.
Now, of course, being so close we can taste it as a fanbase makes all that easier said than done, but let’s try to focus on perspective during this final week.
Oh, who am I kidding, we’re all going to be living and dying with each and every Rays, A’s, and Cleveland score this entire week. Just take some preemptive heartburn medication and get ready!
News and Links
- Tampa Bay Rays MVP: Charlie Morton or Austin Meadows? — What say ye, DRB readers?
- What Do They Rays Have To Do To Make The Playoffs — Made with bits of Nate Silver, so you know it’s good. (Sixty percent of the time, we make the playoffs every time.)
- Have the Rays used up their pennant-race mulligans? — Just a classic TB Times headline
- Recap: Q&A with Tampa Bay Rays reporter Josh Tolentino — Top question is how many wins it’ll take to hold off Cleveland. What do y’all think? 96 a lock? Maybe not even. Ugh.
- Publix worker, Special Olympics athlete to toss firth pitch at Rays-Yankees game — Cool story to keep an eye on for Tuesday’s game.
- Watch former Louisville Cardinal Brendan McKay’s first MLB home run — That thing was such a bombbbbbb.
- Tommy Pham playing through pain for Tampa Bay Rays — File this under: Least Surprising Stories of 2019.
- Cole Sulser `12 gets called up to play for the Tampa Bay Rays — A Dartmouth man, huh.