That’s a wrap on the regular season, and for the first time since 2013, that doesn’t mean the end of things for the Rays. They will head cross-country to Bay West (aka Oakland) to square off in a winner-take-all, give-me-the-ulcer-now, one-game “series” against the A’s in the 2019 American League Wild Card Game.
I’ve got a massive preview coming out in a couple hours, so I’ll keep it brief here, and just get to the links. Here we go!
News and Links
- AL Wild Card Schedule 2019: TV Schedule and Prediction for Rays vs. Athletics — Bleacher Report with their preview
- In the Diary of a Season, Here Are Five Moments That Mattered for Rays — Real good look back. ($$)
- 57 Players Later, The Tampa Bay Rays Are Headed to October — From our friends over at Rays Colored Glasses.
- Oakland A’s Clinch Home-Field for Wild Card Game against Rays — Let’s invade our neighbors at Athletics Nation. In a respectful way, of course!
- The Hidden Treasures of Tropicana Field — This came out on Friday, so you might’ve seen it already, but it’s a really good (lengthy) piece on the Rays from The Ringer.
- Printable Bracket for 2019 MLB Playoffs — Set up your office bracket competitions!
- Rankings the Rays’ Five Playoff Teams — Who would you put at No. 1? I definitely agree with The Times. ($$)
- “I’m about to Cuss on TV, I Need to Stop,” Rays’ Tyler Glasnow Says, Moments Before Cussing on TV — One of the many, many great moments from that evening.
- ESPN Power Rankings — Final rankings of the regular season keeps us at No. 7
- Ranking Every Possible World Series Matchup — This is honestly a bad list from Yahoo...
- Sunday Notes: Joe Maddon is Optimistic about His Future, Shelf Life in Chicago Aside — Any thoughts on where he’ll end up next?