- Rays win total Over/Unders looking good by some betting odds: Rays come in 5th highest (Astros not on this particular betting line):
#Rays pegged for 5th most wins per @betonline_ag opening over/under line:#Yankees 101½#Dodgers 98½#MnTwins 92½#Braves 91½#Rays 90½#Nationals 90½#Athletics 89½#RedSox 88½#StlCards 88½#Indians 87½#Cubs 86½#Mets 86½#Angels 85½#Phillies 85½#WhiteSox 84½#Dbacks 83½— Marc Topkin (@TBTimes_Rays) January 23, 2020
- Get ready for some televised Rays Spring Training action!
- Tampa Bay Rays: Wander Franco’s Arrival end Yandy’s Time in Tampa? - Seth Carter, Rays Colored Glasses
- Exclusive: At home in Washington with Blake Snell as he prepares to bounce back strong in 2020 - Josh Tolentino, The Athletic ($): In case you missed it, a terrific profile piece by Josh on Blake Snell’s focus and preparation to take 2020 by storm.
- Most Famous Brawls in Sports History - Grant Suneson, 24/7 Wall St: Rays have an entrant on the list. Any excuse is a good excuse to think about the time James Shields nearly knocked the lights out on Coco Crisp.
- Ranking MLB’s 10 Best Starting Rotations Ahead of 2020 Spring Training - Zachary D. Rymer, Bleacher Report: Rays pitchers continue to get widespread love.
Around the League
- These 10 2020 projections will blow you away - Andrew Simon, MLB.com: Mike Trout is absurdly good.
- The Texas Rangers Still Aren’t Very Good - Craig Edwards, Fan Graphs: Lots of shuffling around of deck chairs for the new new ballpark in Arlington.
- The new 3-batter-minimum rule won’t speed up games — but will have negative, unintended consequences - Cliff Corcoran, The Athletic ($): A good argument against the 3-batter-minimum rule.
- How Much Did the Red Sox Benefit from Their Sign-Stealing Scheme? - Jake Mailhot, Fan Graphs
- Speaking of the Red Sox...