The MLB playoffs are in full swing but award season is just beginning with Sporting News handing out their respective accolades to those deserving few around the game of baseball.
Among those to receive some hardware islongtime manager of the Tampa Bay Rays, Kevin Cash for the second year running:
Kevin Cash has joined an exclusive club with his second straight Sporting News AL Manager of the Year award. More on that in a minute. First, the details: Cash built on the Rays’ success in 2019, when Tampa Bay broke a six-year playoff drought, and guided the team to an easy division title in 2020 and the best record in the American League (40-20).
The complete list for awards given by Sporting News, are as follows:
- MLB Player of the Year — Jose Abreu, 1B for the Chicago White Sox
- NL Rookie of the Year — Jake Cronenworth, INF for the San Diego Padres
- NL Comeback Player of the Year — Daniel Bard, RHP for the Colorado Rockies
- NL Manager of the Year — Don Mattingly, manager for the Miami Marlins
- AL Rookie of the Year — Kyle Lewis, OF for the Seattle Mariners
- AL Comeback Player of the Year — Carlos Carrasco, RHP for the Cleveland Indians
- AL Manager of the Year — Kevin Cash, manager for the Tampa Bay Rays
- Executive of the Year — Rick Hahn, GM for the Chicago White Sox