- Mike Brosseau got revenge a couple of times against the Yankees for the near manslaughter that occurred in the Bronx. Most notably, the HR against Chapman that ended his and the Yankees season in the ALDS. That’s the best punishment for the Rays as the MLB was always going to be way too light:
I think he served his punishment on Oct. 9 tbh https://t.co/0A2eiBcS4M— Juan Toribio (@juanctoribio) November 19, 2020
- Inbox: Looking at Wander Franco’s future - Jonathan Mayo, MLB.com: With a slow offseason, looking at Wander’s future is more than enough to keep the days passing.
- 1 ‘untouchable’ player for each club - Will Leitch, MLB.com: In a fun change of pace, the Rays choice is not Wander Franco.
- WWE to Move ThunderDome to Tropicana Field in Tampa Bay - Joe Otterson, Variety: WWE moving into the old home named the Thunderdome.
- Former MLB prospect Brandon Martin gets life in prison in triple murder case - Nathan Fenno, Los Angeles Times
Around the League
- Gary Sánchez Has No Trade Value - Craig Edwards, Fan Graphs: Still upside there, but the plane is almost out of runway.
- Wrigley Field given federal landmark status - Jesse Rogers, ESPN: A well earned status indeed for an all time classic baseball cathedral.
- Boomstick looking likely to wait out FA until he can see all the options for bidding:
Source: Free agent Nelson Cruz is unlikely to sign until there is clarity on whether #MLB will have a universal DH in 2021; that change would need to be collectively bargained. Cruz, 40, has hit the 5th most HR in MLB over the last 2 years. @MLBNetwork— Jon Morosi (@jonmorosi) November 19, 2020
- Fantastic infographic from a reddit user explaining some of the most common offensive stats (both traditional and advanced).