The Wander Franco hype train has added some more impressive accolades to its already tremendous caboose. The prospect locomotive that is Wander Franco continues to chug along and has reached peak of every notable and respected prospect ranking throughout baseball.
Eric Longenhagen of FranGraphs has released his top *100 prospects entering the 2020 season and to the surprise of no one, Wander Franco tops the list with an unprecedented 80 future value rating.
Another surprise ranking is outfielder Josh Lowe, who FanGraphs rates as the Rays 4th best prospect and 60th overall. Newcomer, Randy Arozarena, also placed on the list as he was ranked 107th overall and 7th in the Rays system.
Of note, a trio of former Rays prospects also placed on the list: Nick Solak (109th), Jesus Sanchez (96th), and Matthew Liberatore (94th).
The complete Rays rankings among the FanGraphs top 100
- Wander Franco, SS - 1st overall
- Brendan McKay, LHP - 17th overall
- Vidal Brujan, 2B - 27th overall
- Josh Lowe, OF - 60th overall
- Brent Honeywell, RHP - 71st overall
- Xavier Edwards, 2B - 75th overall
- Randy Arozarena, OF - 107th overall
- Shane Baz, RHP - 116th overall
- “This is the first 80 FV prospect of the Future Value era at FanGraphs, the best prospect on the planet, and the best I’ve evaluated during my tenure here.” - Longenhagen on Wander Franco
- “This is my favorite player in the minors, a top-of-the-scale athlete who is sneaky strong despite his height and one of the most electric, in-the-box rotators in all of the minor leagues” - Longenhagen on Vidal Brujan
- “His quality of contact is very good, he’s a plus corner outfielder who can pass in center field, and he’s a great baserunner, as well as an intense, high-effort player who pro scouts love watching” - Longenhagen on Randy Arozarena