The Tampa Ba Rays defeated the Baltimore Orioles yesterday afternoon by the score of 15-2; With the victory, the Rays improved to 2-1 on the spring.
During the contest, Austin Meadows was 0-4 with two strikeouts. Randy Arozarena continued his strong spring with a two hit day. Brandon Lowe doubled and tripled, and also walked during his three trips to the plate. Jose Martinez was also 0-4 with three strikeouts.
Charlie Morton made his spring debut, pumping mostly fastballs over his 11 pitched. He walked a batter and struck out one. Trevor Richard surrendered a homerun to Chris Davis during his inning of work. Peter Fairbanks and Chaz Roe both struck out two during their perfect innings of work.
The Rays will take on the Minnesota Twins this afternoon (weather permitting) with Blake Snell set to make his spring debut, along with Jose Alvarado.
The game’s top prospect, Wander Franco is listed a reserve for Thursday’s game against the Detroit Tigers.
News and Links
- Rays focus is on keeping starters fresh in ‘20 - Juan Toribio, Rays Baseball
- Got Wander lust? Franco may debut soon - Juan Toribio, Rays Baseball
- 220-acre brush fire shakes Rays teammates - Juan Toribio, Rays Baseball
- Rosenthal: The Rays’ window could arrive earlier than expected - Ken Rosenthal, The Athletic ($$$)
- Keith Law’s prospect rankings: Tampa Bay Rays - Keith Law, The Athletic ($$$)
Around the League
- Rasmussen sneaky ‘pen pick? ‘It ain’t sneaky’ - Adam McCalvy, MLB.com
- Yankees Injuries: Luis Severino requires Tommy John surgery - Tyler Norton, Pinstripe Alley
- Check out this Matthew Liberatore curveball - A Hunt and Peck - Viva El Birdos