Rays Radio has continued its excellent video series with players, past and present, and this week featured Rays great James Shields, who had a shocking story to share of his near-release!
Dial into the full audio podcast for more!
And earlier this week, Neil sat down with Mike Zunino where being stuck inside with little kids was a big topic of conversation!
That podcast is here!
- The Rays have rolled out more kids activities, for those quarantined like Zunino:
The kids are getting restless.— Tampa Bay Rays (@RaysBaseball) April 24, 2020
So we made more activities for them to be entertained with!
- Who had the best swing in Rays history? It’s a subjective question!
Who has the prettiest swing in #Rays history? There’s a good amount of options, but I went with Evan Longoria because I loved his mechanics and finish. Would love to hear your picks: https://t.co/pglJNSycfO— Juan Toribio (@juanctoribio) April 23, 2020
Longo has to be the clear favorite answer, but visually you have to think Matt Joyce get’s strong consideration by most fans.
- Another way the Rays are making waves, from ESPN: Why the four-man outfield could be MLB’s next big innovation
- The Athletic looks back at the Shields trade: ‘It was time to win’: Inside the Royals’ trade for James Shields
- Looking back to last year’s MLB Draft, The Athletic has a profile of Rays first round choice from 2019 Greg Jones:
#Rays 2019 first round pick Greg Jones has been playing a lot of disc golf lately. He's also picked up fishing— Josh Tolentino (@JCTSports) April 20, 2020
The No. 1 thing on his mind though will always be baseball
“I can’t wait to reach that level, and I’m going to keep working until I get there." https://t.co/XyElYOOtQp
- The Rays are now on TikTok:
- Y’all, Vidal Brujan is a cheat code:
- The Athletic asks, “What if MLB had ties?”
- Baseball America: Ranking The 25 Best Golden Spikes Seasons In College Baseball History (McKay makes an appearance on this list!)
- The NFL draft was last night, and the Buccaneers were clear winners when a top-tier offensive lineman fell far enough for the Grass Rays to trade up. Here are two impressive video highlights, including the new first round draft pick pulling an Austin Meadows with this impressive pool jump:
Brady’s new guy:— The Big Guy (@WeAreBigGuys) April 24, 2020
- 4.85 40-yard dash: Fastest among all OL this year
- 36.5" vertical jump: OL record (since '03)
- 10'1" broad jump: OL record (T-1 since '03).
320-pound Tristan Wirfs is a FREAK!pic.twitter.com/esSiB0zswN
And OH MY GOD THIS GUY IS STRONG:
Zunino will have to suit up for his first pitch at the Trop!