- Got some nighttime news before the weekend deadline for the rays taxi squad members that the top prospect in all of baseball will be a call away from the majors in 2020:
Source: Rays infielder Wander Franco, the top prospect in the game according to @MLBPipeline ..: and everyone else, is expected to join @RaysBaseball taxi squad when the roster is announced. pic.twitter.com/zb6QwoM4jp— Jesse Sanchez (@JesseSanchezMLB) June 26, 2020
- Source: Top prospect Franco to be in player pool - Juan Toribio, MLB.com: Let’s freaking go!
- Want to get hyped for the return of MLB? Re-live maybe the best defensive play in Rays history (and probably best relay play in baseball history):
- Giants have the right idea, in my opinion. Bring on some KBO style cutouts!
The Giants have told season ticket holders that they won't have fans at games this year. They will have a Fan Cutout Program, allowing them to submit an image to be placed in the stands during home games.— Alex Pavlovic (@PavlovicNBCS) June 26, 2020
- Reliving Jackson’s 149-pitch no-no 10 years later - Adam Berry, MLB.com: A walk down memory lane from E-Jax wildly effective (and frequently ineffective) no hitter. As frustrating as this game was to watch, I could never be all that mad since Jackson was always one of the truly great dudes in the game.
- Rays inked their 5th draft pick (1 more to go):
Virginia Tech LHP Ian Seymour signs with #Rays at slot value – $1,243,600 – according to a source. Second round, 57th overall selection.— Josh Tolentino (@JCTSports) June 25, 2020
Tampa Bay has signed five of six picks.
- Lots of Rays representation in here: