- Rays got some bad news about Yonny Chirinos:
The #Rays place Yonny Chirinos on the 10-day IL with right triceps inflammation, retro to Aug 3. They have recalled Trevor Richards from the alternate training site.— Juan Toribio (@juanctoribio) August 6, 2020
- Off Day Thoughts — a Little Perspective - Rays Radio: An important reminder that while the season is short and the Rays haven’t looked great, it’s also still early and the sky isn’t fully falling (yet).
- For Rays, ‘there’s no better feeling’ than beating Yankees - Marc Topkin, Tampa Bay Times: The Rays will need to stop their early season slide by playing some great baseball against a huge divisional rival who also happens to be one of the hottest teams in the sport.
- Rays send down Ryan Thompson, Brian O’Grady - Marc Topkin, Tampa Bay Times: The move gets the Rays from 30 to 28 as the MLB rosters shrink (for reasons still unclear to me in a pandemic shortened season).
Around the League
- As a general rule, it’s not a great day when you have to issue a statement apologizing for a coach doing a Nazi salute:
August 7, 2020
- The video of the incident:
Here’s video of an A’s coach appearing to make a Nazi salute after a game today (he says the resemblance was unintentional) pic.twitter.com/xjwWGcLF4q https://t.co/V2gMTMhV3i— Aaron Rupar (@atrupar) August 7, 2020
I just spoke to Ryan Christenson and he said he knew instantly what it was about when David Forst called him because when he had reached out to do the karate chop with Hendriks, Hendriks said “No, no, no straight arm!” and Christenson took a second to realize what he meant.— Susan Slusser (@susanslusser) August 7, 2020
- Well, at least one Florida team is succeeding right now:
Linsanity. Don't sleep on Miami. pic.twitter.com/Zx5jlmnym4— MLB (@MLB) August 7, 2020