- The Rays are headed back to October:
- How sweet it is:
The sixth postseason trip in franchise history pic.twitter.com/rXXVK8vhb4— Tampa Bay Rays (@RaysBaseball) September 18, 2020
- Rays sweep their way into playoffs - Marc Topkin, Tampa Bay Times: It’s nice to clinch, but the Rays still have a firm eye on the division crown.
- Meadows exits due to left oblique soreness - Juan Toribio, MLB.com: It wasn’t all sunshine and rainbows in Baltimore yesterday.
- Yesterday was great news in the Van Gundy household:
Jeff Van Gundy on whether their parents are watching their broadcasts: “With my dad, if it interferes with a Tampa Bay Rays game, it’s 50/50. Like, they’ve heard enough of us. They’re also very heavily invested in the Rays winning the division." https://t.co/1jp1eei0l6— Scott Cacciola (@ScottCacciola) September 17, 2020
- In other Team Tampa Bay news, the Lightning are headed back to the Stanley Cup Final!
YOUR TAMPA BAY LIGHTNING ARE GOING TO PLAY FOR THE STANLEY CUP!!!!! pic.twitter.com/bUp7oOjFrh— Tampa Bay Lightning (@TBLightning) September 18, 2020
- Superstitious are for suckers!
Stamkos is on the ice and in uniform for the presentation of the Prince of Wales trophy. Stamkos didn't touch it in 2015. Hedman and Killorn have touched the trophy.— Raw Charge (@RawCharge) September 18, 2020
- The 2020 MLB Awards Race Stretch-Run Primer - Zach Kram, The Ringer: No Rays in the hunt, but a few old friends with potential.
- File this under things you don’t see everyday: a HR and an ejection in the same play for Josh Donaldson.
- Don’t freak out over the prospect of expanded playoffs just yet - Ken Rosenthal, The Athletic: I’m not gonna lie, I kinda dig the Bob Costas playoff plan.