- Ten years later, the Rays are back on top of the AL East
Ten years in the making pic.twitter.com/PmaTGt6Y4w— Tampa Bay Rays - y (@RaysBaseball) September 24, 2020
An AL East title 10 years in the making.@RaysBaseball | #RaysUp pic.twitter.com/aYhhQ55Ype— MLB Network (@MLBNetwork) September 25, 2020
- ‘Party responsibly. Party like Charlie Morton.’ Reaction to Rays winning AL East - Marc Topkin, Tampa Bay Rays News and Links: From sweeping up confetti, to cha-cha sliding in the streets, the Rays found ways to party their AL East crown.
The @RaysBaseball dancing to the Cha Cha Slide after winning the AL East is the kind of 2020 energy we all need! #ALEastChamps #RaysUp pic.twitter.com/MIZnkh3stH— Kailey Mizelle (@KaileyMizelle) September 24, 2020
#Rays catcher Michael Perez uploaded one of best videos of 2020. Here’s Brett Phillips getting into a dance battle (!!) with Randy Arozarena. pic.twitter.com/QNWhhcMXye— Juan Toribio (@juanctoribio) September 24, 2020
- What comes next? Rays postseason FAQ - Juan Toribio, MLB.com: Juan breaks down what you need to know to prepare for this year’s new version of the October tournament.
- ‘Best in the league’? Why Tampa Bay Rays are the perfect squad for MLB’s 2020 season - Gabe Lacques, USA TODAY
- Box Score Banter: Their Time Is Glas-now - Baseball Prospectus
- Ray still have much to gain in weekend series vs. Phillies - Marc Topkin, Tampa Bay Times: Rays can help out Mr Ray, Evan Longoria, and the San Francisco Giants by taking out the Phillies and clearing the path.
- Interesting thread breaking down some potential changes to Nate Lowe’s approach:
#Rays Nate Lowe has made a couple small changes to his mechanics:— Mike Kurland (@Mike_Kurland) September 24, 2020
-closed his stance
-appears slightly more upright
-little less pre-swing hand movement
The avg. launch angle has actually dropped to 9.9 deg. But the quality of contact has improved.
Production Breakdown ⬇️⬇️⬇️ pic.twitter.com/D5AQsXCkSt
- Even in a short season, the Rays packed in quite a few memorable moments. Let’s hear it in the comments DRB: what was your favorite moment of the anything but regular regular season?
Around the League
- Neighbor calls police on Lightning fans screaming ‘shoot’ - Joey Knight, Tampa Bay Times: Just an all time great headline from the TB Times.
- The Padres Face a Postseason Without Mike Clevinger - Jay Jaffe, Fan Graphs: Big blow to San Diego as they head into the postseason.
- Sources: Chicago Cubs planning for reduced capacity at Wrigley Field to start 2021 MLB season - Jesse Rogers, ESPN: Seems a bit early to even guess as to whether there will be fans, and how many is safe to allow, in 2021. However, planning for scenarios is already underway.