- Scouting Report: Tampa Bay Rays Landed Four Potential Major Leaguers In Blake Snell Trade - Bernie Pleskoff, Forbes
- Rays continue to do their part as community leaders off the field:
We are proud to join a group of more than 150 Florida business, health and civic leaders calling for the business community to assist in the #COVID19 vaccine rollout and ensure underserved communities are prioritized. #BringFLBack @TB_Times https://t.co/z2DcZvKRAm— Tampa Bay Rays (@RaysBaseball) January 7, 2021
- Best all-time Rays seasons at each position - Juan Toribio, MLB.com
- Astros sign Stanek to 1-year contract reportedly worth $1.1M - Jason Wilson, The Score: Old friend, and forever the ultimate Opener, Ryne Stanek is headed to Houston.
Around the League
- Huge move as the New York Mets win the Francisco Lindor sweepstakes, trading for the superstar SS along with Carlos Carasco from Cleveland:
- Mets Acquire Lindor, Carrasco in Blockbuster Trade - Ben Clemens, Fan Graphs: Ben breaks down the big shake up in Cleveland, and the new star in Queens.
- Cleveland Could’ve Kept Francisco Lindor. The Team Just Valued Money More. - Ben Lindbergh, The Ringer: Other Ben breaks down a key reason Lindor will no longer be leading Cleveland next year.
- Tomoyuki Sugano opts to return to NPB for ‘21 - Andrew Simon, MLB.com: The top international pitching FA opts to stay in Japan for the 2021 season.
Right-hander Tomoyuki Sugano has reached a four-year, $40M deal to return to the Yomiuri Giants, source tells The Athletic. As previously reported, the deal includes three opt-outs.— Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) January 8, 2021