- It’s not everyday you see a straight steal of home in October:
RANDY STEALS HOME!!!!! pic.twitter.com/c9aKjhCZme— MLB (@MLB) October 8, 2021
And a different angle:
Welcome to a moment in Randy Arozarena history pic.twitter.com/9PAlS3btf5— Talkin’ Baseball (@TalkinBaseball_) October 8, 2021
I'm gonna steal it.— Tampa Bay Rays (@RaysBaseball) October 8, 2021
I'm gonna steal home plate.
- @RandyArozarena pic.twitter.com/jnf2LjktUY
- The last time somebody had a straight steal of home in the postseaon was Jackie Robinson. The company Randy Arozarena has put himself in is simply incredible:
The last postseason straight steal of home before Randy Arozarena?— The Athletic (@TheAthletic) October 8, 2021
Jackie Robinson in 1955 vs. Yogi Berra.
(H/T FS1) pic.twitter.com/e1RdTjUXOJ
- 1 of 1
Randy Arozarena of @RaysBaseball is the first player in MLB postseason history to homer and steal home in the same game.— Stats By STATS (@StatsBySTATS) October 8, 2021
- Kings of Stuff: How that young Rays rotation could dominate the postseason - Eno Sarris, The Athletic: They aren’t household names yet but they soon could be, as Shane McClanahan showcased last night.
- How do Rays keep winning? By being open-minded, bold and (shh) smart - Marc Topkin, Tampa Bay Times: It’s on you at this point if you don’t know or don’t understand why the Rays are a perennial playoff and World Series, contender.
- Andrea with a fantastic (as usual) recap:
ALDS Thoughts: #Rays & #RedSox Game 1. Rays win 5-0 pic.twitter.com/VvvaIuMzoY— Andrea (@scoutgirlreport) October 8, 2021
- This is a very cool fun fact:
Nelson Cruz homers at the Trop, 11 years and one day after his first career postseason home run . . . also at the Trop . . . against then-Rays ace David Price . . . in ALDS Game 1. @MLBNetwork @RaysBaseball @RaysRadio— Jon Morosi (@jonmorosi) October 8, 2021
- Playoff Randy is BACK!
Most HR in 19-game span, postseason history:— Sarah Langs (@SlangsOnSports) October 8, 2021
1923-32 Babe Ruth: 12
2020-21 Randy Arozarena: 11
2004-06 Carlos Beltrán: 11
1997-2001 Jim Thome: 11 (2 overlapping spans)
1926-32 Babe Ruth: 11
- Speaking of that HR, let’s let our friend Timothy Burke take it away with the foreign calls of Randy’s blast:
As called on Fox Deportes: pic.twitter.com/YqAHpvCBSI— Timothy Burke (@bubbaprog) October 8, 2021
As called on Russian TV: pic.twitter.com/yY8qFcK4Bh— Timothy Burke (@bubbaprog) October 8, 2021
- So, BJ Upton had himself a fun night on twitter dot com:
Stu needs to sell— BJ Upton (@MelvinUptonJr) October 8, 2021
- Team Tampa Bay strong as ever:
When you have a postgame press conference but the Rays are in the ALDS pic.twitter.com/rs547vHctL— Tampa Bay Lightning (@TBLightning) October 8, 2021
- Good night to enjoy some snacks:
"KB, that's maybe why I'm single." -@AROD @Kevinburkhardt | @Davidortiz | @TheBigHurt_35 pic.twitter.com/vuC4QPZc76— FOX Sports: MLB (@MLBONFOX) October 8, 2021