- Ozzie Timmons reuniting with Willy Adames in Wisconsin:
NEWS | Ozzie Timmons is joining the Milwaukee Brewers as a Major League Hitting Coach— Tampa Bay Rays (@RaysBaseball) November 11, 2021
For all you’ve meant to our club, for all you’ve meant to our community
Thank you, Ozzie pic.twitter.com/nRqbDQlG4k
- Ozzie leaves behind a ton of great memories and folks who loved working with him. It’s a mark of his professionalism and character that a 1B coach leaving feels like such a tremendous loss. Ozzie Timmons will be missed, but everyone here at DRaysBay wishes him the best of luck with the Brewers and a heartfelt congratulations on his well-earned promotion!
I would like to thank The Tampa Bay Rays for giving me the opportunity to coach in this great organization. Thank you Rays fans for supporting this amazing team and all the support you have given me throughout the years! I will miss you all.— Ozzie Timmons (@oltwizard) November 11, 2021
Last week @raysbaseball 1B coach/hitting coach Ozzie Timmons & I played 9 holes.— Tricia Whitaker (@TriciaWhitaker) November 12, 2021
At the time, I didnt know he’d be headed to the Brewers, so Im grateful we did this.
Here are some highlights, (he nails a putt).
Good luck @oltwizard. Thank you for your kindness & the memories! pic.twitter.com/USWU6nao89
Rays first base coach Ozzie Timmons does 10 pushups for every run they score pic.twitter.com/TEyVITyr16— Talkin’ Baseball (@TalkinBaseball_) October 7, 2020
He really had Rays first base coach Ozzie Timmons time his chug— SportsCenter (@SportsCenter) May 15, 2020
(via tryhardcarl/Instagram) pic.twitter.com/Ezb1f1ZCVc
- Rays lost another key piece of the front office, this time to the Phillies:
The Philadelphia Phillies are hiring Anirudh Kilambi as an assistant general manager, sources tell me and @kileymcd. Kilambi, 27, was the assistant director of research and development for the Tampa Bay Rays, who continue to be the game’s most bountiful pipeline for executives.— Jeff Passan (@JeffPassan) November 11, 2021
- Arozarena, India earn Baseball Digest honors - Thomas Harrigan, MLB.com: Randy Arozarena gets some well-deserved recognition from Baseball Digest.
- Neander offers peek behind Rays’ curtain - Adam Berry, MLB.com: Fantastic dive in from Adam to the inner workings of the team.
- Grand Slam Jordan getting healthy:
- Mat Germain visits and we talk Tampa Bay Rays Farm, Free Agents, Erik Neander, Alex Anthopoulos & Mike Zunino - BaseballBiz, Mark Corbett & Mat Germain
- Previewing Baseball’s CBA Talks - Nathaniel Grow, FanGraphs
- Before free agency, MLB proposes paying players based on FanGraphs’ calculation of WAR - Evan Drellich and Ken Rosenthal, The Athletic: MLB has chosen their side in the ancient fWAR vs bWAR battle. Also jokes aside, this is a terrible idea for so many reasons, and I’m fascinated to find out who leaked it and for what purpose.