- We are officially into the offseason and there’s a lot to look back on 2021 with fondness and to build off of for 2022:
ɴᴇxᴛ ʏᴇᴀʀ ꜱᴛᴀʀᴛꜱ ɴᴏᴡ— Tampa Bay Rays (@RaysBaseball) November 3, 2021
But first, one last look back at the best moments of 2021#RaysUp pic.twitter.com/gHP5yX64XL
- Rays’ Kevin Kiermaier undergoes knee surgery - Marc Topkin, Tampa Bay Times: Kiermaier played rather well despite the knee problems.
- St. Pete’s new mayor floats waterfront stadium idea for Rays - Dan Matics, Fox13 Tampa Bay: A return of the Sail design proposal?
- What can we learn from the world champion Atlanta Braves? - Eno Sarris, The Athletic: Lineup diversity (hitters who have different strengths) might be a real thing with a real impact.
- Here’s the biggest offseason need for all 30 - Mark Feinsand, MLB.com: For the Rays it’s adding to the Starting Pitching depth, according to Feinsand. A solid vet to go with the extremely talented young guns makes a lot of sense.
- AL Notes: McKay, Rays, Angels, Rendon, Mariners - Anthony Franco, MLB Trade Rumors: Rays are expecting to get a 4th option year on Brendan McKay in what will be a pivotal year in his young career.
- Feeling ‘at peace,’ SF legend Posey retires - Maria Guardado, MLB.com: The FSU, Giants (and should have been Rays) legend hangs up the cleats.
- We’ll See You in Cooperstown, Buster Posey - Jay Jaffe, FanGraphs: This is a case where the numbers, the analytics, and just the overall old-school feel of a player make a rock-solid case for the Hall of Fame.
- Move over Kevin Cash, I have a new favorite manager:
Tsuyoshi Shinjo was introduced as the new manager of the Nippon-Ham Fighters today.— Michael Mayer (@mikemayer22) November 4, 2021
He told reporters he wanted to be addressed as Big Boss. pic.twitter.com/iRmdPQLK84