- I’ve Got Some Things to Say - Blake Snell, The Players Tribune: Snell, in his own words, is incredibly open and honest about his thoughts on Game 6, what went through his head when he saw someone warming in the bullpen, and what he really thinks about Kevin Cash.
- New at Rays camp: Tyler Glasnow has a slider - Marc Topkin, Tampa Bay Times: A new pitch for Glasnow?
- Is this a new pitch grip has been hinting at? (somewhere between a cutter and slider?)
- Friend of the site and fantasy guru, Jason Collette loves a pitcher tinkering on a new pitch:
- Rays Pitchers and Catchers Day 1: News and Notes - Neil Solondz, RaysRadio
- Spring training photoblog 10.18 - The Ray Tank: Oh yeah, it’s Pitchers and Catchers, and we are getting some fantastic photos to wet our whistles. It’s the surest sign of Spring!
- Beautiful and heartbreaking story about the inspiration for Brett Phillips new number:
- Rays Spring Training FAQs, important dates - Adam Berry, MLB.com
- Why Rays Fans Should Be Excited About Francisco Mejía - Andrea, ScoutGirlReport: Another fantastic player profile from Andrea. Mejía is one of the more interesting folks to keep an eye on in Spring to see if he can tap into that once immense promise. Speaking of promise, you might be reading more from Andrea around here real soon...
- Picks to Click: Who We Expect to Make the 2022 Top 100 - Eric Longenhagen and Kevin Goldstein, FanGraphs: A few Rays make the list.
- Fun new gig for the renaissance player Fernando Perez!
The Giants have made a unique addition to their coaching staff: former Rays outfielder Fernando Perez joins them as a video analyst. Perez is a Columbia alum, a documentary filmmaker and a published poet. He's also a Spanish speaker who can help Latino players w/video analysis. pic.twitter.com/4eH0c9hhxo— Andrew Baggarly (@extrabaggs) February 18, 2021
- Some real trolling potential for Neander and Friedman:
I had an exec from one of those clubs tell me about an instance where they asked for a mediocre player in a trade and the other team balked because they didn't know why LAD/TBR asked for that player, assuming they knew something the other team didn't, and literally said that.— Kiley McDaniel (@kileymcd) February 18, 2021
- Blue Jays will open season in Dunedin - Marc Topkin, Tampa Bay Times: Could this be a test run for a Split City concept? Jays start in Florida for Spring and season, before moving to the Greta White North?
- The RaysTheRoof guys sit down with new Rays beat reporter Adam Berry:
NEW RTR PODCAST ALERT— Rays The Roof Network (@RaysTheRoofTB) February 17, 2021
We had on MLB dot com Rays beat writer @adamdberry to help preview this 2021 Spring Training for the Rays!! Adam was fantastic to talk to and we hope you enjoy as much as we did talking to him!!#RaysUp
Listen here: https://t.co/LRza8vAp62
- Lies, Damned Lies, and Baseball History - Amanda Lane, Lookout Landing: Not Rays related specifically, but an tremendous piece of baseball writing regardless.
- Got em