- Rays’ Nick Anderson to miss at least first half of season - Marc Topkin, Tampa Bay Times: The massive news of yesterday was the loss of relief ace Nick Anderson for the foreseeable future.
- Anderson has partial elbow tear (source) - Adam Berry, MLB.com: This is clearly not ideal, but surgery not being recommended at this time is at least somewhat encouraging.
- Every team’s strategy to cover innings in ‘21 - Mike Petriello, MLB.com: Good time to bump this excellent piece up, as injuries, workloads, and countless other pitching questions are at the forefront for the entire MLB.
- Could this open a spot for Honey Day in the majors? Maybe, probably not, but soon! And when we do get some Honey Days we’ll get more data to see if he does really still use two forms of the Screwball grip (h/t to thedudeofdudes for sharing this tweet):
not one to wade too deep into Pitching Twitter, but: Brent Honeywell Jr.'s changeup & screwball are two different pitches and he did throw both yesterday in his return. CH is 84-86, SCR 78-82. we'll see how Statcast classifies them in MLB but he definitely considers them separate pic.twitter.com/PjSzEOxAGS— Céspedes Family BBQ (@CespedesBBQ) March 23, 2021
- Rays believe in their offense ... so should you - Adam Berry, MLB.com: One area where the Rays feel like they improved on last year will be at the plate.
- How the Rays are positioned to win now, and later - Marc Topkin, Tampa Bay Times: Rays aren’t aiming to peak and bottom out, but always rise.
- 9 burning questions as start of season nears - Will Leitch, MLB.com: Rays involved as they hold a few options for the question of “Who’s the next incredible star?”
- As Rays make progress in Montreal, union has questions - Marc Topkin, Tampa Bay Times: Speaking of questions (or is that questionable ideas?)
- Big time get for the Rays the Roof crew, as Jason Stark joins them for a pod to discuss Rays baseball!
NEW RTR POD ALERT— Rays The Roof Network (@RaysTheRoofTB) March 26, 2021
We welcomed on national MLB reporter for @TheAthleticMLB & 2019 J.G. Taylor Spink Award Winner @jaysonst to talk about the Rays and what to expect this season!
This is an episode you won't want to miss!
Listen here: https://t.co/EaSHVcDoz1
- in Grass Rays News, the Super Bowl champion Tampa Bay Buccaneers (nope, still not old) have brought back ANOTHER member of their Super Bowl winning club:
Bucs get another key free agent back, with Leonard Fournette agreeing to a one-year, $3.25 million deal. Playoff Lenny returns to Tampa.— Greg Auman (@gregauman) March 26, 2021
- Finally, today is the day: single game tickets are now available for purchase
Get those 2021 tickets NOW!— Tampa Bay Rays (@RaysBaseball) March 26, 2021