- Rays made a move in anticipation for the upcoming homestand:
#Rays have optioned Mazza to alt site. Corresponding move coming Friday— Marc Topkin (@TBTimes_Rays) April 23, 2021
- 19 things we think we know about Rays after 19 games - Marc Topkin, Tampa Bay Times: It’s still incredibly early, but some parts of the image are starting to take shape.
- Joseph Patrick Wendle now ‘The Big Bopper’ - Adam Berry, MLB.com: Don’t look now, but the 8th player in fWAR is none other than the Rays everyman.
- 5 AL East players looking to turn it up - Ian Browne, MLB.com: It’s a matter of when, not if, Brandon Lowe gets back into the swing of things.
- MLB Power Rankings: Dodgers, Padres and then chaos reigns on our Week 3 list - ESPN: Rays get some ESPN love and move into the top 5 after a fantastic road trip.
- Wills: “It’s Gonna Be Our Pitching, It’s Not Gonna Be About Our Offense” - Tom Ponzo, WDAE: Dave Wills stopped by to chat about the state of the Rays.
- It’s good to try new things!
Corn on the cob? Brussels sprouts?— MLB Network Radio on SiriusXM (@MLBNetworkRadio) April 22, 2021
Just another day in the adventures of #BestBudz Peter Fairbanks & @JoshRFleming.#RaysUp | @RaysBaseball pic.twitter.com/cWfn2mjC0p
And with an off day yesterday, it was a good opportunity to root against some rivals. Yankees had a nice embarrassing first inning, but Cleveland succumbed and the Yankees got back into the win column. But again, at least we had this:
Yanks are unwatchable. Look at this inning pic.twitter.com/gGAZc6cvFH— Jomboy (@Jomboy_) April 22, 2021
- It’s Too Early to Stick a Fork in the Yankees, but That Doesn’t Mean We Can’t Try - Michael Baumann, The Ringer: Unknown how long the Yanks will be down, but damn if I won’t enjoy each and every day of it.
- The Red Sox were also in action, in Boston, and were cruising until they weren’t:
don't say it don't say it don't say it don't say it— Seattle Mariners (@Mariners) April 23, 2021
We're Ty'd. pic.twitter.com/9thPV48AJG
And then in extras:
Was that good? ♂️ pic.twitter.com/NAdOSkpT8r— Seattle Mariners (@Mariners) April 23, 2021