- A guide to the Rays’ 2021 home opener - Adam Berry, MLB.com: The Trop is back open for fans (in a slightly more socially distanced way) today!
- Dome sweet dome:
Home under the dome— Tampa Bay Rays (@RaysBaseball) April 9, 2021
- Rays have something to show Yankees - Marc Topkin, Tampa Bay Times: It’s still incredibly early, but a big series vs the Yankees has a ton of emotion tied into it.
- Rays Roster Construction: How the Rays Maintain Success Every Year - Andrea Arcadipane, ScoutGirlReport
- Bally Sports Sun announces Tampa Bay Rays Opening Day broadcast plans
- It’s a long season: Why you shouldn’t worry despite Rays’ rough start - Ulises Sambrano, WTSP10: 6 down, 156 games to go.
- Rays welcoming fans for first time since 2019 - Evan Axelbank, Fox13 Tampa Bay: It’ll be great to see fans back in the stands in St Pete.
- Baseball fan etiquette: advice from a former Fan Host - Rays The Roof: Elijah Flewellen is a current Rays employee who worked as a Fan Host from 2014-2019. He has lots of practical advice!
Around the League
- One of the weirdest endings to a baseball game you can get:
MICHAEL CONFORTO GETS HIT BY A PITCH AND THE METS WIN IT 3-2!!!!! pic.twitter.com/R1QdgiRQJ5— SNY (@SNYtv) April 8, 2021
- This definitely counts as a Mea Kulpa:
I just spoke to umpire Ron Kulpa as a pool reporter. He admitted he didn't call it correctly: “The guy was hit by the pitch in the strike zone. I should have called him out.”— Anthony Rieber (@AnthonyRieber) April 8, 2021
- And a Jomboy breakdown of this one:
Conforto gets hit by the pitch on purpose to win the game, a breakdown pic.twitter.com/8onV2Wga6g— Jomboy (@Jomboy_) April 8, 2021
- Dunedin makes big-league history as Angels beat Blue Jays - Marc Topkin, Tampa Bay Times
- April Baseball Is Back! Now Please Don’t Go Anywhere - Mathew Roberson, FanGraphs: A tremendous debut at FanGraphs, with Mathew’s ode to April baseball.
- Multiple suspicious baseballs from Dodgers’ Trevor Bauer sent to MLB for inspection - Ken Rosenthal, The Athletic: It’s always who you most suspect.