- ‘Happy flight’ home for Rays after strong trip - Adam Berry, MLB.com: Cross country flight and a full day off today. All of that is better after a win and 5-2 road trip.
- Rays’ Kevin Kiermaier goes on 10-day injured list - Joey Johnston, Tampa Bay Times: Another stint on the IL for the Rays CF of the present.
- Durham’s Win Streak Snapped At 5 In 7-6 10-Inning Defeat - MiLB: Bulls can’t win them all. Just almost all of them.
Positives from today's 7-6 10-inning loss:— Durham Bulls (@DurhamBulls) May 10, 2021
- 119-1 is still in play
- Ji-Man Choi recorded 3 hits
- Josh Lowe homered & drove in 4
- Our BBQ is infinitely better than Memphis'
- WE'RE COMING HOME
- This Week in Rays Baseball - RaysRadio:
- Rays will extend their lead of over .500 teams with this all New York homestand upcoming:
# of games which teams played against > 0.500 team— Homin Lee (@Homein22) May 10, 2021
CLE 12#Rays will be better.
- The odds are looking like Gerrit Cole will not be so lucky to avoid Ji-Man this time around...
The #Rays Kevin Cash says he spoke to Brady Williams today and Ji-Man Choi will play again for Durham today and seems pretty timed up.— Neil Solondz (@neilsolondz) May 9, 2021
- Yankees’ bats facing bedeviling Rays challenge - Joel Sherman, New York Post: Another massive series set to begin tomorrow.
- Interesting evaluations. By these numbers the Rays are about middle of the pack in terms of aggressive/passive with promoting their best prospects (which runs a bit counter to the narrative the Rays are more reluctant than normal):
Which teams have promoted their bat prospects most aggressively in '21 relative to '19? Pittsburgh has been the most aggressive, promoting their players 1.41 levels on average. Seattle is slowest, promoting their players .39 levels on average (yes I'm irked about J-Rod in A+) https://t.co/opzrnALWLh pic.twitter.com/0JynDTZRAs— Jordan in Finland (Emily in Paris) (@RosenJordanBlum) May 9, 2021
- Brett Phillips is the best:
Oh my gosh Brother I felt so bad! I apologized like 10x and told her that I loved her followed with a happy Mother’s Day! She gave me the tisk tisk signal and I about cried knowing I disappointed her. Please give her my sincerest apologies— Maverick Phillips (@Brett_Phillips8) May 10, 2021
I appreciate that, how can one not have fun in the outfield especially in Oakland when the drum line is out there laying down the tunes! They had me out there pop, lock and dropping every inning!— Maverick Phillips (@Brett_Phillips8) May 10, 2021
- Are Relievers Wilder Upon Entry? - Ben Clemens, Fan Graphs: Interesting brief investigation into headline question.
- Eight stories on a 10-2 Mother’s Day loss to the Rangers - Kate Preusser, Lookout Landing: This will be genuinely the best piece you’ll read from all the links here. It’s the day after Mother’s Day and it has nothing to do with the Rays, but do yourself a favor a give this a read.