- Rays top Royals, claim fourth straight series - Joey Johnston, Tampa Bay Times: This team is FUN.
- Wendle taking rookie Walls under his wing - Savannah McCann, MLB.com: A good mentor for the new Rays shortstop.
- Shane was dealing today:
Shane McClanahan, Overpowering 99mph Fastball. pic.twitter.com/u9K0HgxFm1— Rob Friedman (@PitchingNinja) May 27, 2021
- Wander showing off even more tools:
- Rays resurrect Ybor City stadium idea - C.T. Bowen and Josh Solomon, Tampa Bay Times: The next step in the stadium saga, that will continue to be the dance. Let’s be honest, it’s all talk and positioning for the next few years until the deadline starts to actually loom and decisions will have to be made in Rays ownership, the league, and in local politics.
- Jane Castor to Stu Sternberg: Kriseman? ‘You know me ... I can work with anybody’ - Charlie Frago, Tampa Bay Times: Mayor Castor taking a different tactic than Mayor Kriseman in interactions with the Rays.
Around the League
- Willy Adames had himself a day with the Brewers:
- This is what it’s all about:
- This is quite possibly the worst defensive play in MLB history:
El Mago magic!— MLB (@MLB) May 27, 2021
Have you ever seen anything like this?! pic.twitter.com/aHQs6eAxCG
- I know you have to try and defend your players but, the only person you can’t blame this on is you Derek:
Derek Shelton: "That's on me. Bag hasn't moved in 140 years. Our guy has to know the rule. That's on me."— Jason Mackey (@JMackeyPG) May 27, 2021
- And the best call of this disastrously hilarious play comes from the Pirates radio crew: