A wild way to win back the AL East lead:
Stole the series pic.twitter.com/z18VUniXCH— Tampa Bay Rays (@RaysBaseball) June 25, 2021
- Rays nearly no-hit, win on wild walk-off - Adam Berry, MLB.com: A very strange game ends on a high note (especially before the awful extra-inning rules kicked in again).
- Rays get wild win over Red Sox on 9th-inning wild pitch - Marc Topkin, Tampa Bay Times: Michael Wacha and the Rays bullpen went pitch for pitch with the Red Sox no-hit bid, pitching a shutout and giving the Rays a chance to get just enough to win.
- Projecting Franco’s first 10 seasons - Matt Kelly, MLB.com: Looking just a slight bit into the future.
- Rays’ Rich Hill: ‘We don’t want to turn baseball into Jerry Springer’ - Marc Topkin, Tampa Bay Times: The frisking of pitchers and handling of the checking for foreign substances has been an utter mess. Last night we got a new level of embarrassment with the checking of a position player pitching! At least the umps are consistent?
- Notes: Walls to IL as precaution; Castillo’s hat - Adam Berry, MLB.com
- Kevin Kiermaier had the play of the game to save the shutout:
Sheeeeshhhhh KK pic.twitter.com/CKUyAoOfMI— Tampa Bay Rays (@RaysBaseball) June 25, 2021
Around the League
- The Rays didn’t get no-hit, but the other team in last years World Series did!
The 7th no-hitter of 2021 belongs to the @Cubs! @ZDavies3, @RTepera, @BigCountry1739, and @Kimbrel46 combine to blank the Dodgers. https://t.co/rJ9JUEBLUO pic.twitter.com/kGOLYim4cr— MLB (@MLB) June 25, 2021