- Sources: Aaron Judge among six New York Yankees to test positive for COVID-19 - Jeff Passan, ESPN: Multiple Yankees tested positive, leading to the suspension of their Thursday night game vs the Boston Red Sox. So far all the vaccinated Yankees who tested positive are not showing any symptoms.
One unvaccinated Yankees player who tested positive for Covid-19 is symptomatic. Several vaccinated players who have tested positive are asymptomatic.— Jared Diamond (@jareddiamond) July 15, 2021
- Rays’ All-Star contingent to undergo rapid testing for coronavirus - Marc Topkin, Tampa Bay Times: With Judge testing positive, a whole heap of potential issues and testing will be needed for all teams and All-Stars.
- Glasnow playing catch ‘a really good sign’ - Adam Berry, MLB.com: In much better news, in fact really exciting news: Glasnow is lightly throwing a ball again! Still a long way to go, but a very encouraging first step.
- In a First, an M.L.B. Game Will be Called Entirely by Women - David Waldstein, New York Times: The Rays vs Orioles game will be a first for major league baseball: an all-woman broadcast, on-field, and studio broadcast crew.
- Braves Acquire Joc Pederson From Cubs - Mark Polishuk, MLB Trade Rumors: Is this is beginning of the hot stove season heating up? And what does this tell us about the status of the Cubs and Braves as “buyers” or “sellers” or “inbetweeners”?
- When the Rays return to the Trop they will have a fun giveaway to add to your collections:
Back home— Tampa Bay Rays (@RaysBaseball) July 15, 2021
- The Durham Bulls certainly aren’t showing signs of slowing down any despite multiple key promotions:
- Twins offer Byron Buxton $70 million-plus; trade likely if no deal: Sources - Ken Rosenthal, The Athletic: Hot Stove season is definitely getting cranked up.
- Here is Yankees uber mega-hyped prospect Jasson Dominguez with some hustle into third base: