- Takeaways from the Rays’ first-half play - Savannah McCann, MLB.com: The Rays have had their ups and downs over the first 81 games of the season, but mostly lots to be encouraged by setting up a fun second half.
- Here are your 2021 All-Star Game starters - Matt Kelly and Manny Randhawa, MLB.com: Fans have no love for your Tampa Bay Rays.
- How Rays’ Mike Zunino got back in swing — and maybe into the All-Star Game - Marc Topkin, Tampa Bay Times: A new batting stance, and comfort on the team, has Mike Zunino playing like an All-Star whether the league recognizes him or not.
- Speaking of that very good Mike Zunino:
In the latest edition of Inside Pitch, we take a look at all the ways Mike Zunino powers our ballclub ⚡️— Tampa Bay Rays (@RaysBaseball) July 1, 2021
- Baz, Bruján to rep Rays in Futures Game - Adam Berry, MLB.com: While the Rays got snubbed for the major league All-Star Game, the Rays org will be sending two of their best from Durham to represent.
- Rays completed the Mike Ford trade yesterday:
The #Rays have sent OF Aldenis Sanchez to the Yankees to complete the trade last month for Mike Ford.— Neil Solondz (@neilsolondz) July 1, 2021
Sanchez was in the Florida Complex League.
- What a night from Dietrich Enns in Durham
Trevor Bauer News:
- Dave Roberts, manager of the LA Dodgers, says choices of who starts for the Dodgers is “out of his hands”:
Dave Roberts said Trevor Bauer is with the team in DC. They plan on letting him start Sunday, and Roberts said their direction was to not do anything until they get guidance from MLB.— Fabian Ardaya (@FabianArdaya) July 1, 2021
“It’s out of our hands,” Roberts said.
Reader advisory: The following articles include graphic descriptions of sexual assault allegations