- Rays sweep O’s, now bring on the White Sox - Adam Berry, MLB.com: Rays did what they needed to do to maintain the strong lead in the AL East.
- Shane McClanahan carved up the O’s, showcasing all of his pitches including some impossible curves:
Shane McClanahan, Sick Curveballs. pic.twitter.com/MXgIyEBR0w— Rob Friedman (@PitchingNinja) August 19, 2021
McClanahan is becoming more and more comfortable with his curveball and it is generating great results. His usage of it continues to climb, was at 29% with it today https://t.co/mwDdeUaqiE pic.twitter.com/olhjPt3ERU— Rays Metrics (@RaysMetrics) August 19, 2021
- Pitcher Chris Archer set to rejoin Rays this weekend - Marc Topkin, Tampa Bay Times: A long road back, but Chris Archer is almost ready to make his (hopefully triumphant) return.
- Will Michael Wacha be pitching to stay in Rays’ rotation? - Joey Johnston, Tampa Bay Times: A spot in the rotation (and 26-man roster) will need to open for Archer. Could Wacha’s spot be on the hotseat?
- Baz ascends to top of Rays’ prospect ranks - Adam Berry, MLB.com: With a myriad of promotions, the Rays farm system still remains one of the league’s best lead by Shane Baz.
- Rays All-Star Mike Zunino has more home runs than singles this year - Jesse Pantuosco, Audacy: Who needs singles when you can hit dingers?
- In an age of numbers, the catcher-pitcher dynamic is proving vital to top contenders - Peter Gammons, The Athletic: Zunino’s power is far from the only way he contributes on the baseball diamond.
- Rays outfielder offends certain Rays fans - Clark Brooks, Tampa News Force: Before you get too upset at the idea that anybody could find something to dislike about Brett Phillips, this is some solid satire work.
- Where does Tony La Russa rank among Tampa Bay’s best? - Marc Topkin, Tampa Bay Times: Tampa native, and Hall of Fame baseball person, Tony La Russa leads his first-place White Sox into the Trop.
- He’s 20 years old and he’s already one of the best hitters in baseball:
- On the one-year anniversary of another rough night for a Cincinnati Tom, I’m guessing Caitlyn took a drive (perhaps into LF) away from this one: