- Rays got a much-needed rest day yesterday:
- The Rays’ Unique Ability To Mitigate Risk - Kevin Goldstein, FanGraphs: Sabermetrics have been building to the new pinnacle of Crap the Bed Percentages. In all seriousness, pretty good article showcasing just why the Rays bullpen usage works so well, while bullpen days around the league are more white-knuckle affairs.
- ‘Game changer’ emerging in Rays’ rotation - Adam Berry, MLB.com: Drew Rasmussen has been a revelation since joining the starting rotation.
- 10 numbers that illustrate Rays’ success this season - Marc Topkin, Tampa Bay Times
- Rays didn’t play Thursday, but still expanded their lead over New York (who now slip to 3rd in the division and just 0.5 games up on Toronto for the final Wild Card spot):
The Yankees were swept in 4 games by the Blue Jays & never had a lead.— ESPN Stats & Info (@ESPNStatsInfo) September 10, 2021
It's the 1st time the Yanks never led in a 4+ game series since June 23-25, 1924, against the Washington Senators.
They played 1,250 series of 4+ games since then & led in every one. (h/t @eliassports) pic.twitter.com/DkNvPkAlbC
- Rays offense has been supercharged by two ends of the age and experience spectrum:
Nelson Cruz was nearly 21 years old when Wander Franco was born …— MLB (@MLB) September 9, 2021
Now, these two are leading the way for the first-place Rays. pic.twitter.com/CXWLUPSl5Z
- Ian Seymour made his Triple-A debut and twirled a gem:
- It’s not pretty, but Bucs edge Cowboys on last-second field goal - Rick Stroud, Tampa Bay Times: Bucs did not play their cleanest game, but showcased just how talented and good they are by continuing to bring the fight throughout the game. In the end, the Cowboys left over a minute on the clock for Tom Brady to do Tom Brady things.
Tom Brady's 50 pass attempts tonight are his most in any game since 2016. Three were just wind-down-the-clock throws in the final seconds.— Greg Auman (@gregauman) September 10, 2021
- The game-winning kick after a fantastic drive to start the Bucs 1-0 on their Super Bowl defense: