- Wander extends streak, exits with headache - Adam Berry, MLB.com: After drawing a walk to extend his on-base streak, Wander immediately signalled to the dugout that he was coming out.
#Rays Cash said Franco has been checked by a doctor tonight, will be monitored for concussion symptoms, traced to play at plate last night. Further evaluation on Friday. Has no history of migraines.— Marc Topkin (@TBTimes_Rays) September 3, 2021
- Rays again lose to Red Sox as Shane McClanahan, offense falter - Marc Topkin, Tampa Bay Times: Back to back tough, frustrating losses for the Rays to begin September.
- McClanahan, Rays’ offense struggle in finale - Adam Berry, MLB.com: The positives from this series split is the Rays had a LOT of opportunities in the two losses. The Rays went 0-14 with RISP in the two losses, which is both frustrating but also encouraging that they continued to get folks on base and into scoring position.
- When even Chris Sale is tipping his cap, you know it’s special:
Red Sox pitcher Chris Sale gave @RaysBaseball Wander Franco props! #RaysUp pic.twitter.com/2tVcKbbAqo— Bally Sports Sun: Rays (@BallyRays) September 2, 2021
- Amid Long On-Base Streak, Wander Franco Has Found His Groove - Dan Szymborski, Fan Graphs: Wander Franco has more than lived up to the impossible hype already, as he has settled into an impressive approach mature beyond his years.
- Durham Bulls social media assistant Ellie Whittington - Brandon Sports Talk:
- Bucs are 100-percent vaccinated, Bruce Arians says - Joey Knight, Tampa Bay Times: Good news for the defending Super Bowl champs as they look to repeat their title.